Friday, May 2, 2008

Busy Day Yesterday

Yesterday was a busy day.

Brian and Kyan dropped me off at the train station because we had the Tiny Tots Maternity Tour last night, so they would pick me up from work and we would go together since they were going to the zoo.

Then Brian and Kyan went to go see the airplanes. Well a worked drove past them and turned around. Brian thought, is he gonna make us move. It turns out, on the other side of the runway, there was a little "park" type place, where they have picnic tables, broadcast the radio control tower and it is fenced in and probably about 7 feet from the runway. Brian said it was really cool. It is the type of place you could bring a picnic too and hang out for a while. They were probably there for 1hr 15 minutes.

They were going home, taking showers, then off to the zoo.

I called home twice to tell Brian something, first time was to make sure he checked the diaper bag for diapers and extra clothes, since I didn't think I replentished them when we used other clothes. 2nd time was to make sure he brought the zoo envelope since we had to renew our membership, and he said real quick, yeah I got it. I was thinking, this is the same person that can't find something right in front of him if it was about to bite him in the face.

At work, we were having a team lunch at a place called Porto's for the kick off of one of our huge projects this year. Well I had a feeling something was going on and here's why. I went to go ask our HR person something about my leave, I saw a few people walk out the front door. Someone at work, offered to drive me to lunch, usually everyone gathers and says, ok who is driving. And, work, was really quiet, no one was around. HMMMM. And I saw a few other guys leave out the front, thought really nothing of it, since it was Thursday and they usually go out to eat on Thursdays.

So Me and Mike leave, Mike gets this cryptic message and not really sayiing anything but yeah uh huh, Ok, got it, yup. we didn't go on the freeway. Now I was thinking OK I think I know what is going on. He turns to me and says, ok by this time, you probably figured out we aren't going to Porto's, but we are having it. So he kept driving and we went to some park. Well everyone from work was there, probably almost 20 people(all the people that I saw leave earlier)

So I walk up andwe were parked on this hill, I was not about to walk down the slope, it was kinda wet mud, thinking OK I am gonna fall here, so I walked around the slope, go to everyone, and they yelled SURPRISE

So I am getting up to the group, and there were soccer balls and frisbees and blankets all spread around. I see a soccer ball like the one we just found at the park a few weeks ago. I look up and behind everyone is Brian and Kyan. Kyan said Hi Momma, Brian said "we didnt' go to the zoo"

So we had a fun time at the park, ate good food, opened some presents, got a good giftcard.

We then went back to work.

Brian and Kyan went over to Travel Town where you can climb on trains and see old trains for a little while til about 3.

Our Tiny Tots Tour wasn't til 4 at the hospital.

Of course, Kyan fell asleep in the car, so he slept for 30 minutes.

His class was very cute, a bunch of kids who are gonna be big brothers and big sisters, they got to talk and help out. Made a card for the hospital door for the room I will be in. They also got to hold babies and the lady that ran the class showed them how to hold it. Kyan wanted no part in it until after, when he was with Brian, then he held it. Itwas kinda funny. he more or less held it like this is my buddy, you will notice that in the photos. Then we went to the Maternity floor, we saw a 40 minute old baby. Kyan said, "Baby crying" Then we were done

We also went to Costco on they way home to get diapers for Kyan.

So he had a very busy day yesterday. he was wound up leaving the hospital, I guess it was probably overload from the hospital

It was a fun day yesterday.

Here are some pictures.

View this slideshow created at One True Media
My Slideshow 5/2/08



1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Geez, I miss 2 days checking and look at all that happened. It looks like the class was successful after all. He wasn't too sure at first but it seems like he warmed up. It won't be long now!